In the 1942 film “The Corpse Vanishes,” actor Bela Lugosi explains that he finds a coffin “much more comfortable than a bed.”
Six Flags St. Louis is seeking people who find lying in coffins within their comfort level. The Missouri theme park announced on its website Friday that to celebrate the 30th year of Fright Fest, it will host a 30-Hour Coffin Challenge.
Six contestants will be chosen to spend 30 hours in “deluxe,” “slightly used” coffins measuring 2 feet wide by 7 feet long, the Post-Dispatch reported. Hours of repose will be from 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 13, until 7 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 14, at the park.
Contestants will be allowed to bring a friend, the park said on its website, but only during Fright Fest operating hours. After hours -- from midnight Saturday until noon Sunday -- they will be on their own, but “some of our Fright Fest Freaks will be lurking about in the darkness.”
There will be six-minute bathroom breaks every hour, but a contestant will be eliminated from the competition if he or she gets out of the coffin.
Park officials did not specify whether this is an open or closed casket competition, but for health (and liability) reasons, we’ll assume it’s an open showing.
However, to ensure comfort, contestants are encouraged to bring a pillow and blanket. The park will provide, food, drinks and snacks, and will provide cellphone charging stations to pass the time.
Contestants who make it through the 30 hours will receive two 2019 Gold Season Passes and a Fright Fest Prize Package, which includes tickets to the haunted house and Freak Train. As for the $300 prize, if more than one person makes it through a drawing will be held to award the cash.
But nobody goes home empty-handed. All winners will be allowed to keep the coffin, the park said on its website.
After all, the challenge organizers want their contestants to rest in peace.
Bassist explains why he and Kirk Hammett take risks with one-off tributes every night.
Previously unseen “How Do You Sleep” footage appears in “Imagine” Reissue.
Paul Simon concluded his Homeward Bound: The Farewell Tour at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, N.Y.
2012 California festival set came before frontman was fired for the second and final time.
A social media post, coupled with listings at Amazon, suggests that the Rolling Stones could be com
While Halloween is a time for many to wear irreverent costumes based on the year's biggest trends, one company is apologizing after releasing a costume that many found to be offensive.
Online clothing retailer Yandy recently unveiled a "Brave Red Maiden Costume" that featured a red mini dress which showed lots of leg, along with a red cloak and white headdress. The costume, inspired by the classic Margaret Atwood novel and now hit TV show, "The Handmaid's Tale," cost $64.95.
The backlash was swift, with many commenting on how the costume is at direct odds with the themes of misogyny and patriarchy explored in the fictional dystopian world of "The Handmaid's Tale."
Yandy released a statement Friday, saying that while it stands by its message of "Own Your Sexy," the company was removing the costume from its site after receiving "sincere, heartfelt response" from customers.
John Bullock, the father of actress Sandra Bullock, died Tuesday, Us Magazine reported. He was 93.
John Bullock was preceded in death by his wife and Sandra Bullock’s mother, opera singer Helga Meyer, who died in 2000, the magazine reported.
Sandra Bullock’s younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, confirmed her father’s death on Wednesday and wrote about his military career, ETOnline reported.
"John Wilson Bullock February 11, 1925 - September 18, 2018," she wrote. "Beloved baby brother, American #WWII #bronzestar #veteran, husband, father of 4 strong women, #grandpa, adorable scamp, handsome devil, and trickster to the end."
Sandra Bullock has not commented yet about her father's death, ETOnline reported.
The newest deputy in a Texas county has a reputation for being mean and green. And the Travis County Sheriff’s Office is more than happy to have actor Lou Ferrigno on its staff.
Ferrigno, who starred in “The Incredible Hulk” television series from 1978 to 1982, stopped by the Sheriff’s Office on Thursday on his way to Wizard World Comic Con, which began Friday in Austin and runs through Sunday, KXAN reported.
Ferrigno is a reserve deputy in Los Angeles County, the television station reported. The former bodybuilder said he stopped by the Travis County Sheriff’s Office to offer “encouragement and thanks,” while mugging for photographs with deputies.
Sheriff Sally Hernandez swore Ferrigno in as an honorary deputy, KXAN reported.
Take www.houstonseagle.com everywhere you go! Download your app below from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store:
Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!