Houston’s Eagle KGLK ABC’s of Classic Rock
CONTEST RULES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the on-air contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry and residents of the State of Texas. Employees of CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC, d/b/a/ Cox Media Group Houston (“Sponsor”), and each of its respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. On-Air Entry: This is a listen-and-win Contest. The Contest will begin on October 18th 2021 and end on November 19th 2021 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, listen to KGLK The Eagle (the “Station”) on weekdays during the Contest Period at 8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm and 5pm for the DJ to solicit the 12th caller (the “Cue”) to call in and guess the “ABC’s of Classic Rock Mystery Band.” When a listener hears the Cue, the 12th caller who reaches the Station by calling 713-343-1075 and correctly guesses the “ABC’s of Classic Rock Mystery Band,” will be deemed a potential winner. If, however, a 12th caller does not correctly guess the “ABC’s of Classic Rock Mystery Band,” there will be no winner for that hour. ONLY ONE GUESS PER CALLER. The caller’s first guess will be the guess that counts. Telephone calls will be taken by Contest operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Contest announcement to determine the designated number (#) caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Contest operators will be final and binding in all respects. Enter as often as you like, provided that automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Entry into the Contest shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Contest, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contest Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Contest Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during a call-in period of the Contest prior to accepting the designated number (#) caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air a call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of Finalists/ winner opportunities awarded in this Contest will be reduced accordingly. In the event a caller gets disconnected for any reason before being declared a winner, Sponsor may resume the call-in opportunity affected and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Contest. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Contest on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid Texas driver’s license or Texas state-issued ID (or other proof of Texas residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Contest and be ineligible to win any prize. If a potential winner is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified and no finalist/winner will be selected during that call-in period. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Prizes, Winner Selection and Odds.
Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the hourly winners will receive the jackpot prize, the value of which is calculated as follows: The starting jackpot for the Contest is $500. If an eligible winner is identified for the first Cue, such caller will win $500. In the event the caller does not answer the question correctly, $100 will be added to the total jackpot. The jackpot will be increased by $100 for each Cue’s question that is answered incorrectly. Once the correct answer is provided and a winner identified for a specific question, the jackpot will be reset to $500. The value of the prize depends on the time elapsed since the last award of the prize. Determination of the specific prize value will be made by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Total maximum value of any single jackpot: $3,400. Maximum approximate retail value of all prizes awarded: $55,000.
An individual may win prizes up to a value of $600. Once a prize value of $600 is reached the individual will not be eligible to win a prize for 30 days from the date their prize value reached $600. All cash prizes will be issued in the form of a check from Cox Media Group. When cash is won, the winner will be required to sign and to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes, complete an IRS W-9 form, sign a prize release, and present a government issued id in order to claim their prize. No exceptions will be allowed when claiming a cash prize. After all paperwork is completed, it may take up approximately eight to twelve weeks to receive the check in the mail. Prizes may be fulfilled if not in house within approximately eight to twelve weeks after the conclusion of the Contest. All prizes are non- transferable and may be claimed in person by only the person who is the winner. Odds of becoming a Winner depend on the number of eligible participants who call to participate during a particular call-in period and the order in which calls are received.
5. Winner Notification and Acceptance. To claim his/her prize, the potential winner will receive an emailed form, and must provide a valid government-issued photo ID. Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned the day of claiming the prize. Persons traveling as a guest of the Grand Prize winner must also sign any affidavit or release that Sponsor may require. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY. A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who must sign any affidavit or release required by Sponsor. If Grand Prize winner is a minor, then his/her guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian. A legal guardian must provide written proof of guardianship.
6. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation. 8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should 4 the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
7. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC, d/b/a/ Cox Media Group Houston, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
8. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE WEB SITE AND THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.) THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.houstonseagle.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “ABC’s of Classic Rock/Official Rules” (as applicable), 1990 Post Oak Blvd, #2300, Houston, TX 77056. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Bill Tatar at 713-963-1200.
©2021 Cox Media Group