The truth comes out! 1 in 3 of us buy too much Halloween candy just so we can have leftovers! The survey also reveals that 40% of buy additional candy in November because we can’t resist the discounts.
Here are some tips for buying Halloween candy.
1. Don’t buy your candy too early. More than a 1/3 of us eat it all before Halloween!
2. Not a surprise, but over half of parents plan to steal some of their kids’ candy. Over half of them won’t feel TOO guilty about it. 32% won’t feel guilty at all!
3. 41% of parents usually take their kids to a different neighborhood to trick-or-treat. Usually because it’s safer, more walkable, or the other neighborhood has better candy.
4. 23% of us act like we aren’t home to avoid trick or treaters.
5. Remember getting an apple or something healthy in your basket? One in nine people say they’ve handed out HEALTHY treats on Halloween instead of candy.
-- Doug O’Brien
©2021 Cox Media Group