Dean & Rog’s “$1,000 MINUTE” Contest Giveaway
Unless otherwise specified, these Official Rules apply to any promotion (whether called a “sweepstakes” or a “contest”) on the above stations. If official rules other than these Official Rules apply to a particular promotion, those official rules will be posted on this website and identified by the name of the promotion.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, contests and sweepstakes (collectively, a “Contest”) are open to (i) legal residents of the State of Texas; (ii) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry (age subject to change based on venue or travel restrictions) and who have either (a) a valid Texas driver license or Texas state-issued ID; or (b) another form of government-issued ID and a utility bill proving residence in the State of Texas. Employees of CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC (“Sponsor” or “CMG Houston”), Terrier Media Buyer, Inc., Big Loud Records and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Contest or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Contest event.
1.) HOW TO ENTER:
The Contest will begin on March 6, 2023 and will end on December 30, 2024
Every weekday morning at 8:40am One (1) contestant, will be selected in a Station-conducted random drawing from all eligible online entries received up to the time of the random drawing. Potential contestants will be notified by telephone of the time they have been selected to play the “Game” as described below.
On the weekday selected to play the Game, Station will call the respective contestant at approximately 8:00am CT. If the contestant does not answer on the initial call, he/she may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Station. During the Game, the contestant must answer ten (10) trivia questions within sixty (60) seconds. Time starts when the audio timer starts with the first question. If the contestant answers all ten (10) questions correctly within the allotted time, he/she will win a Prize, upon confirmation of eligibility. If at any time during the Game the contestant incorrectly answers a question, he/she will lose the Game and will not be eligible to win a Prize. If the contestant doesn’t know the answer when prompted, he/she can “pass” and re-visit if time allows. If a contestant does not win the Game, then only a consolation prize may be awarded on that weekday. Once an entrant is selected as a potential contestant, he/she may not be selected as a future contestant regardless of whether or not he/she won a Prize.
There may be up to a total of one (1) winner selected each weekday in the Contest.
2.) ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Texas, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
3.) PRIZES: Up to one (1) Prize may be awarded each weekday in the Contest. Each Prize consists of one thousand dollars ($1,000) awarded as a check from Cox Media Group made payable to the order of the prize winner. Checks will be processed and mailed within eight to ten weeks. Approximate Retail Value of each Prize is $1,000.
A consolation prize may be awarded at the sole discretion of the Station if the contestant does not answer all 10 questions correctly in 60 seconds. Consolation prize information, if any, will be posted weekly on the contest page at www.houstonseagle.com.
Prizes or prize certificates can be claimed at the office of the Station located at 1990 Post Oak Blvd STE 2300 Houston Texas 77003, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within twenty (20) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules. If winner does not claim Prize in person at the Station and if the Prize is mailed or shipped to winner, they will assume the risk of its loss or damage. Winner agrees that the Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of the Prize.
4.) SELECTION OF WINNERS
Up to one (1) winner may be selected per weekday as described above in Section 1 of these Official Rules. Contestants will be notified of winning at the conclusion of the Game.
Odds of being selected as a Contestant depend on the number of eligible entries received at the time of each random drawing.
Entrants need not listen to the Station or be present to be selected as a contestant, but contestants must answer the call at their designated time in order to play the Game and win a Prize.
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
Winner Selection and Odds: Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible participants received online.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest. In the event of a dispute, an entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the account from which the text message was sent. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number or other identifier automatically associated with the text message by a wireless service provider that is responsible for assigning the same.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter the Contest. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering this Contest, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Official Rules. In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to the Contest Line or for a participant’s failure to reach the Contest Line or Sponsor’s Facebook page or to transmit an entry through the Station’s App due to the malfunction of any application, software, hardware, network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, or other failures or malfunctions of any kind, including congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her entry. In the event an interruption of power, telephone service, the Internet, Facebook or the Station’s App and associated data service occurs prior to Sponsor’s selecting and/or announcing a winner, or a change in programming results in Sponsor’s inability to air an opportunity to enter the Contest, Sponsor in its sole discretion may decide not to replay the affected entry opportunity and may reduce the number of prize opportunities awarded in the Contest accordingly. If a winner is ineligible or fails to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or any other applicable rules, that winner will be disqualified. Sponsor may decide, in its sole discretion, not to select a substitute winner and the prize will remain the property of Sponsor.
Any entry you submit (1) must be suitable for a general audience; (2) must not contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate material (all as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor); (3) must not contain any trademarks, copyrighted works or other intellectual property (other than works or intellectual property that you own, or for which you have obtained royalty-free rights for Sponsor to use in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Authorized Assets”)); and (4) complies with all of Sponsor’s or any Social Media Platform’s as applicable, requirements and terms regarding the use of their services. Any elements appearing in your entry must be entirely original, created by you, be in the public domain, or be an Authorized Asset. Use of any material not original to you, not in the public domain, or that is not an Authorized Asset may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry that violates the foregoing restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By entering, you represent and warrant that your entry complies with the requirements set out above, including those at (1)–(4), above. All entries shall become the sole property of Sponsor to be used or disposed of at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No entry will be returned. Submission of any entry constitutes a participant’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use (but not the obligation to use) by Sponsor or its affiliates, including by their advertising, promotion and production agencies, to use the participant’s entry, name and any identifying information associated with the entry for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, without further review or approval or additional compensation to you.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS VERIFIED ELIGIBILITY AND THE WINNER’S COMPLIANCE WITH THESE AND ANY OTHER APPLICABLE RULES.
Notification will vary according to the method of entry; a potential winner may be notified while on the Contest Line, by a message to his or her Social Media Platform account, by email, or by a telephone call to the telephone number included on such person’s entry, as applicable. In order to claim a prize, and unless otherwise stated by Sponsor, the potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours of first attempted notification.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability and publicity release form and digital IRS form W-9 in order to claim any prize offered by the station, regardless of value. If you have won a prize, you will receive a link to complete this paperwork via the email address that you provided to us when you won. This email will come from Station@promosuite.com. If you do not receive this email and link within 72 business hours of winning, please check your spam folder or email Kelly.Mann@cmg.com. Once you have completed your paperwork, we will email you specific instructions for claiming your prize. Many prizes can be emailed to you or be made available at the venue box office via Will Call on the day of the show.
Cox Media Group
Failure to present the required identification and proof of residency will result in a potential winner’s disqualification and the forfeiture or his or her interest in any prize. Prizes must be claimed by the person identified as the potential winner. No person is permitted to claim a prize on another person’s behalf.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), which must be notarized and returned within ten (10) business days of notification. If the prize is a cash prize, a check will be mailed to the winner.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to travel within the time period specified by Sponsor (as applicable), and/or the failure of a potential winner to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or any other applicable rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by based upon random selection, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If Sponsor declines to select a substitute winner, or if the selected substitute winner is not eligible, fails to respond to Sponsor’s notification, or is otherwise disqualifies, the prize(s) will remain unawarded.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash (unless the prize is a check). No substitutions are allowed by the winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules and any other applicable rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
5. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Contest judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
6. Publicity. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU AGREE THAT SPONSOR, TERRIER MEDIA BUYER, INC., PRIZE PROVIDERS, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/ PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) HAVE THE ABSOLUTE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PUBLISH YOUR ENTRY ON THE WEBSITE AND TO BROADCAST, PUBLISH, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR ENTRY AND/OR YOUR NAME, BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION, AND LIKENESS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FOR ANY COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSE WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU. BY ENTERING, YOU GRANT THE RELEASED PARTIES AN EXCLUSIVE, ROYALTY-FREE AND IRREVOCABLE LICENSE AND RIGHT (BUT NOT THE OBLIGATION) TO TELECAST, BROADCAST, COPY, EDIT, ADAPT, MODIFY, REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF, DISTRIBUTE, USE, OR OTHERWISE PUBLICLY DISPLAY ANY OR ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, IN ANY MANNER OR MEDIUM THROUGHOUT THE WORLD IN PERPETUITY, FOR COMMERCIAL, PUBLICITY, OR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, AND TO LICENSE OTHERS TO DO SO, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REVIEW OR APPROVAL, OR COMPENSATION TO YOU.
7. Indemnification. If Sponsor’s use of your entry causes Sponsor to be subject to a claim by any third party, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties, and all persons acting by, through, under or in concert with them, against any and all damages, costs, judgments and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) which the Released Parties (or any one of them) may incur as a result of the use of your entry.
8. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
WINNER AND GUEST AGREE TO FULLY COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE GOVERNMENT MANDATES AND ANY SPONSOR, PRIZE PROVIDER AND VENUE POLICIES SO AS TO PROTECT AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS. SUCH MANDATES/POLICIES MAY INCLUDE MASK-WEARING, SOCIAL DISTANCING, COMPLETION OF A HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE AS WELL AS CONDITIONING VENUE ADMISSION/CONCERT ATTENDANCE UPON A NEGATIVE COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS TEST AND/OR PROVISION OF ADEQUATE AND SATISFACTORY PROOF OF BEING FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS. IF WINNER OR GUEST REFUSES TO COMPLY WITH SUCH MANDATES/POLICIES OR IF WINNER/GUEST CANNOT SATISFY APPLICABLE CONDITIONS, HE/SHE WILL BE DENIED ADMISSION TO VENUE AND CONCERT, WITH SPONSOR AND VENUE NOT HAVING ANY LIABILITY UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY TO WINNER AND/OR GUEST (AS APPLICABLE).
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISK:
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE, AND TRAVEL ASSOCIATED THEREWITH HAS INHERENT RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS WHICH INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPOSURE TO AND INFECTION WITH OR FROM COVID-19. ON BEHALF OF MYSELF, I HEREBY ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL OF SUCH RISKS.
9. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE CONTEST; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE CONTEST; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the stated number of prizes will be awarded in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes specified by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
10. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision were not contained therein.
11. No Affiliation. Unless otherwise stated, no Contest is sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Media Platform. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor or the Station.
12. Sponsor. Contests are sponsored by CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of a Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to a Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel a Contest at any time. For a list of winners or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), CMG Houston, 1900 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, Texas 77056, or visit that location during normal business hours. If you have any questions regarding these General Contest Rules, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department at 713-963-1200, mail at 1990 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, Texas 77056, or send an email to email@example.com
©2023 Cox Media Group
©2023 Cox Media Group